Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cultural Show by SGM

Last Sunday night, we went for a FREE Cultural Show at SGM cultural centre at Cheras. (http://www.sgm.org.my/activities/2008/SGM615.html) I wondered why don't they charge entrance fee, the collected money can be used for charity if they want. But my father said it is some kind of Muhibah activities. Sincerely speaking it worth to pay RM10 to view that show, I will pay RM30 if the show is being held in covered stadium. Ooops, how can I use money to value this show. But I really impressed with the show. I am not the first time to view such type of cultural show, because my dearest father is the member of SGM, so I always have chance to view this kind of show for free.
For my daughters, they were first time. They found it very exciting and entertaining. It was a non-stop performance from starting to ending. Even when we leave that time the 900 performers (no kidding, 900 performers in this show) are still singing, waving and dancing to the audiances.
At first, Ja Yin told me that the 2nd performance is better and the 1st one, then when the show going on till about the end, she told me that the show seemed like better and better, every shows were so interesting. She likes it very much.
Unluckily, the weather of that night was not very good. It was light rains on and off during the show. At the beginning, the performance stage was equiped with microphone and sound system, it was ready for the musical performance. But when it started rains, they need to cover those equipments with plastic beg, and the 1st performance (Musical performance) had to be cancelled. It made the show a kind of not complete.
We saw the performers are dressed up nicely with make up, all ready to give their best performance, they have to go back to the back stage when the rains was getting heavier. I guessed the musical instrument are not afford to get wet, so they have to cancell the performance. I believed the performers were much more disappointed than the audieance.

We are lucky enough to get the 1st row of seats, since we are 2nd batch of early birds. (2nd batch is because we are not facing the main stage but we are at the right side of the stage.) So we have no worries of being blocked by giant umbrella in front of us. But I always blocking peoples' view, since my umbrella is a big one, where I can protect 3 chairs. I really feel sorry for those sitting behind me.
Since it started to rain again, father and a lot of the members started chanting, praying very hard to have a no rain night. Mom is getting his umberlla ready and Jayin is showing her ugly eating post, em... Shu Yin is a bit shy to the camera.
One of the interesting show that Jayin said "hen hao kan!"


A very energetic gymnastic performance which was presented by a group of guys, which was formed by about 200 persons, from very young age like 7 years old to ..., no idea. May be 40 plus.

This post is like a ship sailing in the ocean. It was moving slowing from left to right. It really very impressed. My 2 girls was amazed by this performance.

The show took about an hour plus, the ending was Rasa Sayang Song, where all the performers came out to swing, sing and wave. Surprisingly, JaYin saw her Teacher Leow, the kindergarden teacher of Tadika Seri Soka.
On our way home, Shu Yin said, "Mommy, I like those kind of dancing, can I join them?" Oh, my dear, you were giving me a tough question. But I will check it out for you. Because I know that the stage is belong to you. I can remember that everytime I saw you in the stage, you were so cheerful, lively and charming. I like to see that again and again!

2 comments:

Jessy MY Lee said...

wow, great show !

I have watched similar show recently too, my jaw dropped! So, I understand how you feel.

Keep posting. I will be your die-hard fan.

Herme Hew said...

Thank you! Sifu.
I don't know how was your feel when you are a beginer in this blogging world.
I can tell you that I addicted to this game already, I have gave up all my books reading time to this game.
I surely will keep on posting, but I don't know how long can I keep the enthusiasm.